Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cheer

I don't think I've mentioned it before, but I'm in All-Star Cheer right now. Instead of being school cheer where you cheer for sports games, we practice with a gym and go to competitions. This is my first year, and I'm already nervous about competitions!

I have my punch front, front walkover, and round off back handspring on floor. I'm working on my standing and drop step back handsprings, as well as round off multiple back handsprings and connecting my front walkover to my round off. The jumps we're doing right now are toe touches, double toes, hurdlers, and pikes. I used to be doing a right hurdler in our routine, but my coaches changed it so that now I'm doing left hurdlers, which aren't as good as my right hurdlers, so I kind of wish they would change it back!

I'm on a level three squad right now, but some of the coaches are hoping we'll be able to move to level 4 at the end of the season.

Are any of y'all in cheer or gymnastics?

No comments: