Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Best 4th of July Dessert Ever!

For the 4th of July, I made up a recipe for a red, white, and blue dessert, and we all love it! Here's the recipe for 4th of July trifle:

Ingredients:

Blueberries
Sliced Strawberries
1 16oz. bag of frozen mixed berries, which has Strawberries, Blueberries, and Raspberries
2 large tubs of Cool Whip
1 angel food cake, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1 normal sized batch of strawberry jello (not the family sized box) cut into 1/2 inch pieces

Instructions:

In a large trifle dish, put down 3 layers in this order: cake, cool whip, mixed berried. On the last layer, before you put down the cool whip, scatter the jello pieces evenly on top of the berries. Spread on enough cool whip to cover the last layer. Make alternating circles with the blueberries and the strawberry slices. Refrigerate covered for 4 hours before serving. Cover any leftovers and store them in the refrigerator.



4 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

Oooh Maddie Lynn, that does look like the best 4th of July Dessert Ever! You didn't say how many people it serves so I'm thinking I can just sit down with a spoon and eat the whole thing myself!

Anonymous said...

Maddie Lynn,

You are pretty impressive for a beginning blogger! :)

Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maddie Lynn! My mom (Holly) reads your mom's blog.

That dessert looks sooo good! If mom would set me free in the kitchen, I could probably make some interesting things...

Except I still frequently make mistakes, like leaving most of the chocolate out of no-bake cookies. (My brothers were not happy with me. :D)

I like your blog! You have a really pretty template.

In Christ,
Emily

Hannah said...

How neat! Cool idea Maddie!

~Hannah