Sunday, July 27, 2008

Salamander Habitat

I'm making a habitat for Cricket. It's good and big (70" by 44") so he has plenty of room to crawl around. It's not done yet, because...

Well...

I don't know how I could have possibly counted wrong (wink wink), but I don't have enough wire.

Actually, it's called hardware cloth.

Why is it called hardware cloth? It is in no way, shape or form like cloth. Look at the checklist:

CHECKLIST FOR DETERMINING IF SOMETHING IS CLOTH:

Soft: No.

Patterned: No.

Able to be sewn with a sewing machine without breaking the needle: No.

Pretty: No.

Un-scratchy: Definitely NO! (This can be proved by my right arm and hand, which look like I got in a fight with a cat.)

See?

Not cloth-like.

And about my guppy: The stubborn thing absolutely REFUSES to have its babies! Unless I counted wrong again, and it's due NEXT Monday.

1 comment:

Linz said...

I finally did my tag the other day. Good luck with building your habitat!