Saturday, January 31, 2009

Healf Foods

This is a conversation that I overheard which I think shows how people's views on what foods are healthy can be different.

Katherine (4) and Reagan (3) were sitting at the table, eating cake batter. Katherine brought up the subject of health food.

Katherine: "Reagan, there are certain foods that are healthy for you. Can you tell me what one is?"

Reagan: Slurp, slurp, lick, slobber: "Cake makes you healfy."

Silence.

Katherine: "Reagan, cake does NOT make you healthy. Apples do."

Today, I did a little interview with the Director of the Health and Nutrition Department, age 3. Here is her list of what makes you healfy:

Cereal
Cake
Strawberries
Lunch
Macaroni
Banana

At this point, she stuffs her face with cereal and proclaims, "I'm making myself healfy."

I think I like this expert's views.

No comments: