Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tobianos

Before I start this post, I just want to say that if you posted a comment about, I don't know, A MONTH AGO, and it just got approved, it wasn't my fault.

Mymomconnie "forgot to tell me". ;)

Now for the horses.

Tobiano is probably the most common paint pattern in the U.S. The "standard" tobiano has a dark head which may or may not have markings, and the white covers at least some part of the shoulder & hip and extends to all 4 legs. This is a good example of a classic tobiano:



Here is another:



This one has the classic pattern, but is a little unusual because you usually don't see tobiano's with a bald face.



And, of course, there are the extremes: hardly any white, and a lot of white.

Here's a good example of a tobiano that has pretty minimal markings:



And here are a couple who have quite a bit of white.



If you have a request for a horse color that you want me to post about, please leave a comment and tell me!

1 comment:

Smockity Frocks said...

What is the difference between tobiano and overo?